[Discuss-gnuradio] fft monitoring of more than one channel

From: Sebastian Döring
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] fft monitoring of more than one channel
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 14:19:47 +0100

Hello list,

I modified the usrp_spectrum_sense.py to work as an energy detector based on the Neyman-Pearson Theorem. So basically the algorithm is supposed to tell me if a certain part of the spectrum is occupied or not.

I simply wrote the output into a text file to see I it is working at all, but right now I am trying to find a way to somehow monitor the it in a large plot, that dynamically changes with the current detection results. That means that if I am sensing the spectrum for example between 2.4 and 2.5GHz in steps of 20MHz, I want the the whole bandwidth to be graphically displayed in some kind of plot (x-Axis = frequency, y-Axis = "0"/"1"), which is divided into parts of 20MHz. The channel states are supposed to get updated every time the channel is sensed again, just like the output is already doing.

I first thought that gtgui_sink_x might be the right thing, but since I am peridically changing the frequency and the sink is designed to look at a single center frequency, I don know how to append several frequency windows to a large one. I dont know if what I am planning to do is even possible using gnu radio only.

I higly appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

-Sebastian