Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error while using uhd usrp blocks

From: shashank gaur
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error while using uhd usrp blocks
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 16:14:49 +0100

Hello

First of all Thank you very much for your support
I was able to run the program on two different USRP and it was successful.

But still I have some new problems. Actually I am doing my masters project on gnuradio and usrp.
I am trying to make a BPSK transmitter and receiver(Attached GRC Files), then use it further in my project. My mentor suggested to use MPSK Receiver for the receiver part but I am not sure about Loop Bandwidth and Theta as the solution my mentor gave is for the old version of gnuradio. Can you help me with understanding these parameters?
Right now when I start my receiver program on a usrp the number plot varies around 0.5 (which I guess is normal when there is no transmission) but when I start transmitter the value goes high to 0.6 or 0.7 (It should be lower than 0.3).
I am using following parameters for the same

M = 2 for BPSK

Theta = 0 (I was not sure about this so I put it 0)

Loop Bandwidth= ????? (I dont knw what to put here)

Min Freq = -0.05

Max Freq = 0.05

Mu = 0.5

Gain Mu = 0.001

Omega = 8

Gain Omega = 0.000001

Omega Relative Limit = 0.0001

Also I tried to use Costas loop and Clock Recovery MM with same parameters but they are also not working.
It would be great help if anyone can help me understand these parameters.

Shashank Gaur