[Discuss-gnuradio] Blocks missing when trying examples in Gnuradio Compa

From: radius
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Blocks missing when trying examples in Gnuradio Companion
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:17:59 +0100

Hi there.

I am trying to run some of the examples that are located
at /usr/local/share/gnuradio/examples/grc/simple

Problem: when trying to open dpsk_loopback.grc i get these errors -->

[

"/usr/local/share/gnuradio/examples/grc/simple/dpsk_loopback.grc"

>>> Error: Block key "blks2_dxpsk_mod" not found in Platform - grc(GNU
Radio Companion)

>>> Error: Block key "blks2_dxpsk_demod" not found in Platform - grc(GNU
Radio Companion)

>>> Error: Connection between blks2_dxpsk_mod_0(0) and
blks2_dxpsk_demod_0(0) could not be made.
        source block id "blks2_dxpsk_mod_0" not in block ids

>>> Error: Connection between blks2_dxpsk_demod_0(0) and
blks2_packet_decoder_0(0) could not be made.
        source block id "blks2_dxpsk_demod_0" not in block ids

>>> Error: Connection between blks2_packet_encoder_0(0) and
blks2_dxpsk_mod_0(0) could not be made.
        sink block id "blks2_dxpsk_mod_0" not in block ids

>>> Done

]

Also, I tried some of the examples that Alex Csete has provided. For
instance when I try the am_rx.grc example downloaded from here
https://github.com/csete/gnuradio-grc-examples/blob/master/receiver/am_rx.grc I
get these errors -->

[
"/home/user1/mine_gnuradio_filer/csete-gnuradio-grc-examples-d7f8024/receiver/am_rx.grc"

>>> Error: Block key "usrp_simple_source_x" not found in Platform -
grc(GNU Radio Companion)

>>> Error: Connection between usrp_src(0) and xlating_fir_filter(0)
could not be made.
        source block id "usrp_src" not in block ids

>>> Done

Showing:
"/home/user1/mine_gnuradio_filer/csete-gnuradio-grc-examples-d7f8024/receiver/am_rx.grc"
]

It looks like I have something similar installed here
-->  /usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/gr_freq_xlating_fir_filter_xxx.xml

It also complains about not finfing usrp_simple_source_x
When i do a locate with an updated db on that I cannot find this xml on
the system at all.

About my setup:
================

*I run Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on an Intel box with 3GB RAM and a 128GB SSD
disk. Ubuntu is updated via update manager. The install is stable.

*I have no gnuradio packages installed via Synaptic Package Manager

*To install the newest version of gnuradio from GIT I ran the script
located here http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio
The process went fine with no errors or warnings

*NOTE: I do not have an USRP connected. I run the Funcube dongle.

*My GRC blocks are installed here
--> /usr/local/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks/

Questions:

It looks like I may miss one or several components. Do you have any
hints about what might have gone wrong?

I see there are two versions. One non UHD and one UHD. I dont know what
that means since I am a newcomer to Gnuradio.

Hope you can help-