[Discuss-gnuradio] Unwanted relative phase change after programming a de

From: Armando Rocha
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unwanted relative phase change after programming a device
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 23:56:37 +0000

Dear all

I am using USRP1 with two basic RX daughter boards and two input signals (one at each Basic RX) with the same frequency.

The two 10. 7 MHz signals cartesian components:
- (I1, Q1) from one channel of the 1st Basic RX card
- (I2, Q2) from the 2nd Basic Rx card
are mixed with the NCO at about 10.7 MHz to almost DC, decimated and sent to PC.

The PC software computes the received signal frequency, amplitudes and the relative phase that remains constant along the time if the NCO frequency is not changed.

To compensate frequency drifts the NCO is periodically adjusted by reprogramming the two devices." using the tune function.

After this reprogramming however the relative phase between the signals often (but not always) changes a lot (not always the same phase change).

A detailed suggestion to solve this problem is appreciated as accurate phase measurement is important in my application (I can not find a clear response to this issue in the discussions).

--
Armando Rocha (Professor)
Universidade de Aveiro, DETI/IT