Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd b100 usb problems - No UHD Devices Found

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd b100 usb problems - No UHD Devices Found
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 09:36:31 -0800

First, you need to always try it twice. If the code loads my USRP1 with
firmware, it does not get found.

uhd_find_devices loads the firmware onto your device, at which point the device re-enumerates and identifies.  If the USB driver installed on your system, or the OS itself, handles re-enumeration slowly or in an unexpected manner, then you may get weird behavior.

But you should not have to 'try it twice', unless something about your USB driver or OS is broken.

Cheers,
Ben

The USRP1 disconnects and re-connects when loaded. For some reason, my
Ubuntu 11.04 may reconnect it on a slow USB device. I have to re-plug
the USB connector without powering down the USRP1, and then check 'dmesg'
to be sure it connected to the 2.0 port.

I do not have this problem on the FreeBSD machine so it is probably an
Ubuntu issue.

--
LRK
gr-user . ovillatx.sytes.net