Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio locking up

From: Tim
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio locking up
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 22:58:27 -0500

Matt,

It looks like the problem here lies within boost itself.

Until boost 1.47 a deadlock condition existed durring concurrent condition_wait() and interrupt() calls, which is what we are running into.
this seems to happen most commonly as a TPB thread body is blocking on an input condition variable while the python/top-level thread is calling unlock() --> interrupt() which blocks on a thread_info mutex.

see https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4978

The boost minimum requirement in GNU Radio should probable be raised to 1.47 (or at least some kind of warning added) in order to avoid this behavior in the future.

test2.py seems to run without any issues or deadlock using boost 1.48 from source.

-Tim