[Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Model Block; 'epsilon'

From: Uzair Baig
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Channel Model Block; 'epsilon'
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 17:42:19 +0500

I am confused about the channel model block:

It needs the following parameters:

Creates a channel model that includes:
- AWGN noise power in terms of noise voltage
- A frequency offest in the channel in ratio
- A timing offset ratio to model clock difference (epsilon)
- Multipath taps

The 'epsilon' in particular is confusing. I have referred, it represents the inverse of the fractional interpolation ration. Now, firstly I need to know,
whether this parameter will cause delay between the Tx and Rx path ? I have tried working my way with the frac_interp_ff block and recognize, that
it doesn't return the same number of samples to me? For a value of 1, the number of samples input are more than the number of samples output!
Doesnt the interpolation mean an increase in the number of samples?

Secondly, I have connected this channel model to polyphase filter banks for clock recovery. I don't get a correct output if I increase epsilon? And
another thing, can you please share as to what does each parameter filter bank imply? ( I have read the documentation, but, cannot make much sense of it).

Regards,

UB