Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segmentation fault in wav file sink

From: Matt Mills
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segmentation fault in wav file sink
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:57:12 -0700

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 11:49:56AM +0100, Martin Braun wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 02:31:03PM -0500, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> > I think that what I'd do is cause the close() method to simply set a flag that
> > says "close desired", and then do the actual close at the end of
> >   the work function, probably under a mutex.
>
> That sounds sensible. It could be done in do_update().

I'm sending a patch to patch-gnuradio. In it's current form, it's just
not thread-safe.

But wont this only close() a file when the sink is receiving samples? I would think it would be extremely confusing if close() doesnt actually close a file until the next sample is received, especially if there is a valve in front of the wav_file sink.