[Discuss-gnuradio] Differences between USRP series

From: Songsong Gee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Differences between USRP series
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 16:44:01 +0900

There are various kind of USRP series, USRP1, USRP2, E100, B100, and N200.

At a glance I could find some differences between them.
1. USB connection and Ethernet connection which determines the data rate between the USRP and a PC.
(and it also makes difference when addressing USRP in GNU Radio.)
2. the number of slots for daughter boards. USRP1 has two and N200 has one, and so on.
3. E series are for the embedded systems.
4. existence of MIMO expansion
5. USRP input and output / interpolation and decimation rate
etc.

and there are many other differences, of course.

Are there any differences that I've missed?
And I'm curious how can I use the MIMO expansion after connecting two USRPs with MIMO cable.

--
Seokseong Jeon, PhD Candidate
Communication & Networks Lab