Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Video of talk from Ruxcon 2011: Hacking the wirel

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Video of talk from Ruxcon 2011: Hacking the wireless world with Software Defined/GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:03:59 -0500

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Balint Seeber <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi folks,

For Ruxcon 2011 I gave a presentation at the weekend covering some of the neat things you can do with SDR. In particular, I spoke about some of my recent projects that employ GNU Radio: tracking aircraft using Mode S/ADS-B in order to visualise your local airspace in web-streaming 3D, and creating a satellite communications demodulator using blind signal analysis.

I’ve uploaded a video of the talk and would like to share it with you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn-dpUegUDQ

If you wish to skip to a specific section, just open the description pane on the video’s page and jump to a time in the topic list.

During the course of these projects, I added and modified a number of GR/GRC blocks. In the coming days, I will consolidate the modifications to the GR source tree into a patch, and put ‘gr-baz’ on GitHub. The gr-baz package contains several new blocks, GRC block defs and Python scripts, e.g. for sat comms (automatic FEC parameter search, convolutional code (de-)puncturing, symbol swapping, raise-to-power, variable delay, text-file-dumper) and a seamless BorIP sample source drop-in for the USRP 1 and FUNcube Dongle to allow remote streaming and control over one’s LAN. I shall post the relevant info when it’s all up.

All comments are welcome!

Balint

http://wiki.spench.net/wiki/RF

http://spench.net/

@spenchdotnet

Balint,
Great work, thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing your branch, and we'll work to move your innovations into GNU Radio.

Tom