Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to write vector to a file

From: Hasan Rajib Imam
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to write vector to a file
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 14:34:35 +0900

Thanks Josh,

You got it right, self.u is USRP2. I am converting the stream which comes from self.u into vector by using the s2v (stream to vector) function. And now I want to capture the IQ data.

gr.file_sink() writes only streams into a file I guess, so  I was looking for any other gnuradio class which can write vectors too into a file. Do you think that gr.file_sink() can do the same thing?

Also, When I use gr.file_sink(), the sensing does not automatically and I have to stop it manually(ctrl+z) after a while. I am wondering if there is any other way so that the usrp2 can sense a certain frequency band for a certain period and can switch to another frequency then.
And one more thing, using gr,file_sink() and storing the raw complex data, I found that many data are giving 0 value. I think regardless of the frequency band, the raw data should contain some value, it might be very small but not zero. Do you any reason for that?

Thank you;

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:08 AM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 11/10/2011 10:07 PM, hasanimam wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am here to ask a question. As I am very new with gnuradio, I would really
> be happy if someone get me a solution.
>
> I want to write vectors, which comes from stream, to a file.
> Here is what I wanna do.
>
> self.connect(self.u, s2v, "class")

I assume self.u is a USRP with multiple channels. Otherwise, you should
not need streams to vector. The conversion would be superfluous.

> s2v transforms the stream to vector. I want the vector to be written in a
> file.
> I know about the gr.file_sink() but it writes the stream to file, not the
> vector.

The file sink will for you. Any IO size is fine, because file sink only
understands bytes.

-Josh