Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can not login USRP E100

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can not login USRP E100
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:36:24 -0400

On 10/31/2011 12:50 PM, Zhonghua wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I used USRP E100 for several months and it has been working well. But
> today when I was using it and want to open another terminal to login it
> with SSH, I failed and got the message that "Permission denied, please
> try again". I closed the terminal and tried to login it again with
> USB,then I could not login it any more and got the hint that "login
> incorrect". I can login another E100 box with SSH. So I guess maybe
> there are something wrong with the file system of the bad box but I
> don't know exactly what the matter and how to fix it. Do I have to
> reinstall it? Any suggestion is appreciated.

By usb, you mean the usb console?

You can put the sd card in an sd card reader attached to another linux
computer and edit the file /etc/passwd to remove the password. That
should let you login in again. It might be in the shadow password file also.

Yes, it looks like the actual password is in /etc/shadow. Edit this file
to remove the password hash.

Also, this question is better suited to the usrp-users list, so I copied
that list also.

Philip