[Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_fft and rx_ascii_art_dft die after 30 seconds

From: Clark Pope
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_fft and rx_ascii_art_dft die after 30 seconds
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:27:50 -0400

I am running ubuntu 10.04 in vmware and connecting to an n210 via a gigabit
ethernet USB dongle. When I run either uhd_fft.py or rx_ascii_art_dft all works
fine for exactly 30 seconds and then the data display stops updating. If I
rerun the app it works again for 30 seconds and stops.

In wireshark the data looks good coming from 192.168.10.2 to port 49156 until
it hangs then pc sends packet on 35433 and usrp reponds on 49152 and it just
goes back and forth forever.

there's plenty of disk space and memory and no messages in dmesg. doesn't seem
to matter what sample rate I choose. I assume it has something to do with
vmware but just guessing. Any ideas? Thanks