Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems after upgrading to UHD with USRP2

From: Sam Keene
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems after upgrading to UHD with USRP2
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 18:39:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

The issue was the gain on the USRP2 UHD block in GRC was 0dB. I had to put it way up and then we got the signal again. Just curious however, With the previous USRP2 block(pre-UHD), 0 dB gain worked fine. Is there some change I'm not aware of?

thanks,

-sam

On 10/25/2011 12:53 PM, Sam Keene wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We recently upgraded to the UHD drivers, and now some basic stuff we
> had working with the older drivers just isn't working anymore. For
> example, I'm just trying to transmit and receive a raised cosine
> pulse, but I'm not getting anything at the receiver. I've eliminated
> all warnings that I was getting, to no avail. We're using USRP2s with
> the RFX2400 daughterboards.
>
> I'm attaching 2 GRC files as examples of what we're doing. I'm not
> getting any received signal. Any idea what I'm doing wrong.

What version of UHD? Can you repeat the experiment with a higher
sampling rate? Also, make sure that filter isnt outputting more than
magnitude 1.0/

-josh