[Discuss-gnuradio] No packet reception in higher modulation

From: Nazmul Islam
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] No packet reception in higher modulation
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:48:01 -0400

Hello,

I am running my codes in basic TX/RX with gnuradio-3.3.0 image. I am using benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx codes in the gnuradio-examples/python/digital folder to find packet loss for different modulation schemes (I believe that these files have been transferred to the gr-digital/examples/narrowband folder in the new image). When I run my the benchmark codes with dbpsk and dqpsk modulation, the receiver receives packets. However, when I run the codes with d8psk modulation scheme, the receiver just sits idle waiting for the packets but does not receive anything !

 I am giving the following commands in the benchmark programs:

./benchmark_tx.py -f 2.4G -r 1M -e eth2 -m d8psk --tx-ampl 0.5

./benchmark_rx.py -f 2.4G -r 1M -e eth2 -m d8psk

I am getting the following packet reception ratios for different modulation schemes:

dbpsk: 99%, dqpsk: 92%, d8psk: 0% !!

I expected to get less packets (higher packet loss) through d8psk modulation since it is transmitting at a higher data rate. But the receiver is not receiving anything at all !!

Your feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nazmul

--
Muhammad Nazmul Islam

Graduate Student
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Wireless Information & Networking Laboratory
Rutgers, USA.