[Discuss-gnuradio] Measuring RSSI on USRPN200

From: Bonee Soibam
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Measuring RSSI on USRPN200
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 21:41:30 -0400

Hi ,
I am trying to measure the RSSI on an usrpn200 which acts as a receiver. i have used the rx_ascii_dft.py and uhd_fft.py both and  i have made a host of measurements but the received power is not reliable for different transmit powers at different  amplitude of  0.25,0.50 and 0.85 (which i took  randomly ) .. the channel attenuation is not less for more transmit power in short ..

Is there any other way to measure the RSSI values besides these two apps uhd_fft.py and rx_ascii_dft.py ?i have run a set of measurements and the resultant received powers are not reliable at all ,according to me . i am still an amateur regarding this .
how about running the rssi.v verilog file ? .. will i be able to extract the rssi values directly from the fpga ?

Anticipating your feedback in earnest
Bonee