Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-next -- GRC FFT -- OpenGL Persistence Cr

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio-next -- GRC FFT -- OpenGL Persistence Crash
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 14:00:52 -0700

Yeah, I had kind of figured as much - searching online didn't come up with anything, so I was hoping someone else had seen it before, hah =)

Cheers,
Ben

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM, Ben Hilburn <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey all -

I'm using gnuradio-next (testing CMake and such).  If I use the OpenGL FFT in GRC, and click the "Persistence" checkbox, the flowgraph crashes and spits this out:

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenGL/error.py", line 208, in glCheckError
    baseOperation = baseOperation,
OpenGL.error.GLError: GLError(
err = 1282,
description = 'invalid operation',
baseOperation = glAccum,
cArguments = (GL_LOAD, 1.0)
)

If I don't use OpenGL, the persistence feature works just fine.  Has anyone else seen this error before?

My setup:
linux; GNU C++ version 4.6.1 20110819 (prerelease); Boost_104700; UHD_003.003.000-13899cd
Python 2.7
GNURadio next branch, commit: 882089131a00da24
python-opengl 3.0.1-2

Cheers,
Ben

<sarcasm> What? Problems with OpenGL in GNU Radio? Nope, never heard of that before </sarcasm>

Not sure if I've heard that particular problem, but there have been other reports of OpenGL issues. They can often be OS and hardware specific, so it's been really hard to work out these problems.

Tom