Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New build structure! (Warning #2)

From: Arturo Rinaldi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New build structure! (Warning #2)
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 21:23:51 +0200

Il 20/10/2011 20:53, Josh Blum ha scritto:

does this mean that i could perform the steps

/    mkdir build
    cd build
    cmake -DCPACK_GENERATOR=DEB ../
    make package/

and make deb(s) of the current git release ? which is the switch to
Basically, yes that will generate a big deb file for the whole project.
There are a few considerations to do it right.

1) A list of all the dependencies for the package manager. This needs to
be defined per supported OS because the names are different across os
versions and os. I am thinking recent fedoras, ubuntus, and some debians.

2) Some prerm/postinst rules to run ldconfig to install grc icons, etc..
This is called pre/post install/uninstall for rpms

3) And if you want component based deps/rpms, you need to do something
different. I started this work and there have been a few posts about it.
The important thing is that the install rules in cmake all specify a
component so its easy to get a list of files per component (then do some
magic with it). Branch here:
http://gnuradio.org/cgit/jblum.git/log/?h=multi_deb

Basically there is still work to be done

disable one of the components ?

See the configure verbose or checkout cmake-gui or ccmake (ncurses). You
will see all the ENABLE_* variables for each component

-josh