Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How can I build component usrp on E100?

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How can I build component usrp on E100?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 09:53:28 -0700

On 10/19/2011 09:41 AM, xi yang wrote:
> Hi, Marcus and Sean,
>
> I'm a little bit confused by the relationship between UHD and gnuradio.
> I thought we can use either UHD or gnuradio, just UHD provides some unique
> interfaces for the products from Ettus.

uhd is the hardware driver for ettus products
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki

gnuradio is the modulation tool kit + examples. Tom has ported all of
the example to uhd in the next branch.

gr-uhd is a component in gnuradio that provides usrp source and sink
blocks. This is the gateway between gnuradio and the hardware.

usrp/gr-usrp is the legacy driver that only support usrp1

> Do you mean that our old ofdm codes that work on USRP1 cannot be used
> anymore?
> We are working on Non-Contiguous OFDM and our previous codes can disable
> some subcarriers on USRP1.
> Because we want to do FFT on FPGA, we change to use USRP E100, but codes on
> the host are useless now?

You will have to change the block that is instantiated to be a uhd usrp
source or sink. There is no reason that rest of your
modulation/demodulation chain or mac layer would have to change.

Cheers,
-Josh