Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FM Capture

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FM Capture
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 12:32:19 +0200

Am 2011-10-06 12:55, schrieb JOSE FELIX HERNANDEZ BARRIO:

> do you know of any radio capture file of the fm band on internet ?
> could anyone with access to the required hardware make a capture an
> upload it to internet?

Have a look at the Wiki and the mailing list archive (hint: Google).
There used to be great captures by late Michael Gray, KD7LMO, but these
seem to be lost. Anyway there are some samples arround, and if you ask
on the list for freshly recorded sample I think you will get some.

Does it have to be something special like overlaping stations or big
sampling rate/band width? You know, these can get big, like one minute
of 16bit/S 512KSps is like 480MiB.

Regards

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student tugraz dot at>
Student of Telemat_cs_, Graz University of Technology, Austria