[Discuss-gnuradio] Cheap portable antenna for SSB + CW w/ USRP1?

From: Mark Cetilia
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cheap portable antenna for SSB + CW w/ USRP1?
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 23:51:52 -0400

Hi all,
Just curious if anyone might have some suggestions for a cheap (ideally < $100)
portable antenna for receiving (not transmitting) SSB + CW?
Something that can easily fit into a carryon bag, can be used indoors and set
up  / broken down quickly would be great.

It would be nice to cover as much of the LFRX's range as possible—160 to 6
meters I guess?
The Ettus site mentions DC to 30 MHz, but the board has DC to 50 MHz
silkscreened onto it—not sure which is correct?

I've got my eye on an MFJ-1622 right now, which supposedly covers 40 to 2
meters.
Not completely optimal, but it's looking decent for the price + form factor…

Anybody out there have experience with that antenna?
Other possible leads would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Mark

--
mark.cetilia.org | mem1.com | reduxproject.com