[Discuss-gnuradio] Conference and Website

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Conference and Website
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:59:50 -0400

Hi everyone,
As you should be aware by now, we had our first GNU Radio Conference last week at the University of Pennsylvania. We had a great turnout, and a lot of fantastic interaction and participation by everyone there. A big THANK YOU to everyone who came and participated! It was a huge success! And thanks to the sponsors for helping put it together:
http://gnuradio.squarespace.com/gnu-radio-conference-2011/

We definitely plan on doing this annually, although due to some personal circumstances, I will likely not be able to organize it like I did this year. But I know others are stepping up. And while we held it in September of this year, if we hear back from enough people with issues, we can think about moving it. At least for Philadelphia, though, I think most people would agree that we had great weather for the conference, which was one main reason it happened when it did. It also just about marked the end of my first year leading the project.

Shortly, I will be putting up a survey for those who attended for feedback on the conference and what we can do next time.

Last night, I posted all of the presentations that I have on the conference website:
http://gnuradio.squarespace.com/grc2011-dates/

These are actually being hosted from gnuradio.org:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GRConf2011

We also recorded audio from each presenter. Once I've properly formatted and edited them, I will put these online, too.

So thank you all again! Next year's should be bigger and better, and I hope the great conversations we started this year continue on the mailing list and lead to amazing things for the next conference.

Regards,
Tom