Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU radio

From: Andrew Rich
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU radio
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 02:17:43 +1000

Maybe I can list my aims and you can tell me if GNU and N200 can do this ?

1. Receive on 1030 MHz - BW not sure yet
2. Receive on 1090 MHz - BW not sure yet
3. Receive on 2700 - 2900 MHz - BW not sure yet
4. Classify signals on these bands.
5. Perform PPM decode - Pulse Position Decode on the 1090 MHz band

Using a hardware device and GNU radio

The computer would be a MAC MINI running openSUSE LINUX

or

MacBook PRO Laptop running LINUX

with either USB or Gigabit ethernet.

What would be the suggested software and hardware combinations ?

Can I use the N200 as a very basic spectrum analyser and a capture device ( I guess the capture device would be just continuous)

I undestand what I want to do and I have started decoding singals on 1090 MHz already

I just want to turbo charge the process and make it as fast as my Mode S 1090 MHz receiver I have now, which is a 1090 MHz front end and FPGA

- Andrew -

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcus D. Leech" <address@hidden>