[Discuss-gnuradio] Help with rx_sample_to_file.cpp program and modulatio

From: shantharam balasubramanian
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help with rx_sample_to_file.cpp program and modulation scheme change in UHD
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 13:25:18 -0400

Hi

I am pretty new to UHD. I was looking for some example programs which
can send and receive a text file, and I came across two programs in
the website
(http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/repository/revisions/master/show/host/examples)
named rx_samples_to_file.cpp and tx_samples_to_file.cpp.

I ran these programs in USRP1. and gave the following arguements:
1)./tx --rate 500000 --freq 10000000  --file rr.txt[this is the name
of the file i transferred]
2)./rx --rate 500000 --freq 10000000 --file r1.txt[this is the name of
the file where i store the received text]

When I tried to transmit and receive some sample text files, the
sender transmitted it correctly, but the receiver is not receiving
anything. When I opened the received file, I found that the file was
more than 10MB and there were some gibberish text in the file. The
programs specify in the help options that they transmit and receive
binary samples, so I don't know if I am working with the correct
programs or if I am giving the correct arguments while running them.

I also need to change the modulation schemes for different channel
environments. Actually, I am working on adaptive modulation schemes in
my experiments. However, I don't find an option to change the
modulation schemes in UHD. (I saw those options in python based
non-uhd codes, e.g. benchmar_Rx and benchmark_Tx). Are there any
programs like that in UHD codes that allow change of modulation
schemes?

Your feedback will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Regards

Shantharam Balasubramanian
MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering
Rutgers University
Ph:732-543-6863
Email:address@hidden