Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about uhd fpga source

From: Page Jack
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about uhd fpga source
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:55:05 +0800

Marcus,
thanks for your reply, the different build generate exactly the same binaries which just
not the same with the binary in uhd git repo.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 14/09/11 09:31 PM, Page Jack wrote:
Why no one have the answer or have the same question?
99.9% of the people on this list have no experience building the firmware or making
  modifications to it, they just use the as-supplied firmware.

The way the fpga code is setup, it's intended to be built with "make" rather than the vendors
  IDE, so it doesn't surprise me that you get topology-related errors.  But that's as much as  I know.
  I've never built it myself.

Also, the way FPGA "routers" work, there's a certain amount of Monte-Carlo decision making
  done in the way paths are laid out.  So two different "runs" with exactly the same codebase
  can yield different (but functionally identical) FPGA binaries.   The same thing happens with
  PCB routers--press the "route" button, it will be very often route the same circuit/physical placement
  with different lines.