Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OSX Audio Problem - AudioUnitRender kAudioUnitErr

From: chris lirakis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OSX Audio Problem - AudioUnitRender kAudioUnitErr_CanNotDoInCurrentContext
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 07:20:13 -0400

Hi Kunal,
It has been very helpful discussing this with you!

The java program you sent me compiled. I had two problems one was that there was an issue with the settings. OSX told me that the hardware did not support the combination of settings. Once I got past that it rejected the network connection.

However after looking at the code I took a different tact. In all of the gnuradio code the input device is left to default. I did not try to use another input since I did not know the format to specify the desired device. Out of curiosity I tried using "mic" as the string identifier for the input. This resulted in digitizing the audio from the external input!

While this is an unexpected result it gets me through my presentation this weekend. I think we should collaborate on modernizing the gr-audio-osx module. Are you interested?
Chris