[Discuss-gnuradio] OSX Audio Problem - AudioUnitRender kAudioUnitErr_Can

From: chris lirakis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OSX Audio Problem - AudioUnitRender kAudioUnitErr_CanNotDoInCurrentContext
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 07:48:13 -0400

This appears to be an issue with OSX 10.6. This can be replicated by running the python audio_fft.py example.

Searching the web for the error message I find the apple experts saying that this results from the expectation that a sample rate conversion will occur. Not being well versed in OSX audio internals I don't know exactly what that means. I assume that it means that the audio input and output rates are different.

My first question is, has anyone else seen this and has it been fixed and I am not aware of it?

So I'm slowly looking through gr_audio_osx/src/audio_osx_source.cc and trying to understand what is going on. Now my second question.

I did the install using macports but I also have a copy the source of gnuradio-3.3.0 and have compiled it. I have tried putting some debugging info in the source and recompiling. I subtituted both the .la and .dyib libraries produced. My print statements do not appear.

I am assuming that the python audio interface is a dynamically linked object and substitution of my library should work. Is this a false assumption? Is there a better way I can debug this?
Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Lirakis