Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit filtering

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit filtering
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 12:59:11 -0400

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 12:55 PM, John Ackermann N8UR <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Marcus --

I am selecting complex taps from the drop down, but still get an error at runtime if either cutoff frequency is 0 or smaller.

Thanks,

John
----

John,

That sounds like a bug in the GRC block, then. I just tried this as a complex BPF and it works fine:

gr.firdes.complex_band_pass(1, 1, -0.1, 0.2, 0.1)

However, as was already mentioned, if you are trying to create a bandpass filter from -40 to +40 kHz, that's just a low pass filter with a bandwidth of 40 kHz:

gr.firdes.low_pass(1, 100e3, 40e3, 2e3)

Will give you a filter for this purpose. Substitute your own sampling rate and transition width, of course.

Tom