Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with the current GIT source for Gnu Radi

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with the current GIT source for Gnu Radio
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 21:21:53 -0700

> That appears to be exactly the cause!  And would explain why
> rolling-back my local gnuradio clone to before 2011-08-22 had no
>   effect, since it was caused by pkg-config (via the
> autoconf/automake/configure chain) putting all that extra (and wrong) goop
>   into UHD_LIBS.

1) It looks like autotools is sucking Libs.private and Requires.private
to determine the flags. Is that the correct behavior?

I suppose that its up the build system, but on your platform (most linux
i assume), explicit linking of nested dependencies isnt needed. So that
why I think the pc files *.private stuff should be left out in this case.

http://people.freedesktop.org/~dbn/pkg-config-guide.html#concepts

2) The contents of Boost_LIBRARIES was being dumped into the pc file,
but thats not actually correct w/o some "sanitizing". For now, I have
removed that part and pushed the change to uhd master.

The build script should be fine again w/ regards to uhd.

-Josh