[Discuss-gnuradio] UDP Interface to Linrad

From: jeff millar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UDP Interface to Linrad
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 15:53:20 -0400

Linrad (http://www.sm5bsz.com/linuxdsp/linrad.htm) transmits UDP packets containing a some header information and a stream of I/Q samples in a variety of formats. It seemed like an interesting exercise to use GnuRadio and GRC to source from those packets and build some digital receivers.

I'm new to GnuRadio and ran into some problems that maybe people on the list can explain.
  - How to strip the header for every packet not just the first?
- Why no int to xxx conversions? Seems like too be a hole not to have a workaround? - Are there coding examples for adding python code to top_block as a light weight alternative to developing a new block? - Labview has a wrapper block that loops over all the blocks within. Didn't see that concept in GRC, did I miss it?

thanks,  jeff