Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Conference 2011

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Conference 2011
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:25:29 +0200

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:19:39PM -0400, Tuan (Johnny) Ta wrote:
> Very interesting ideas. Thanks Marcus for sharing! Unfortunately I don't have
> enough background in compiler to implement such ideas. I'm in the phase of
> learning GNU Radio, keeping up with its fast development is already a big task
> for me. I'm certainly willing to do something *to* GNU Radio when I'm more
> capable and the opportunity presents. But I can definitely see some CS grad
> student picking this up.
>
> My question is more of what I can look at/practice so that I can ask the right
> questions at the conference, if my goal is to be familiar enough with GNU
> Radio
> to implement my own applications/algorithms. Given that there are only 2 weeks
> left, I think wandering around might not be a good idea.

Hi everyone,

I actually think doing something *with* GNU Radio is the more
interesting part, at least at the beginning. How about you start writing
a receiver for your favourite comms standard?

That way, you can start with a fairly simple environment, use a lot of
code templates and concentrate on what you already know.

Once you start doing that, you will inevitably end up with something
that annoys you, something you feel is inefficient or whatever. Then
you've got something to discuss about at the conference :)

MB
--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)