Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Timestamps USRP N210

From: Sebastian Bader
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Timestamps USRP N210
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 09:03:47 +1000

Hi Josh,

> If you want the timestamps, you can use UHD directly (see the
> examples/rx_timed_samples.cpp).

thanks for the quick response. I did not have much time to check out
the timed example, but will do that as soon as possible.

> If you are looking to align multiple channels, the uhd source block will
> do that automatically when you set it up for multiple channels.

I am actually having two USRPs connected via a switch to a single
computer. In the flowgraph I have two times the same branch, starting
from each of the UHD source blocks. The USRPs should listen to the
same stuff and I want to be able to compare their observations
(samples), thus they need to should start sampling at the same time
(or I have to know their exact offset).

> Or from gnuradio, you can make a trivial mod to the source block's work
> function to intercept the RX metadata and create a tag for each
> timestamp. This tag will get propagated down the chain of processing blocks.

This sounds pretty good. I will have a look what I can do with that.

Sebastian