Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio on custom SDR platform

From: Matthias Wilhelm
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio on custom SDR platform
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 12:39:40 +0200

Hi,

this sounds like you want to implement the sender/receiver functionality on the
host, so why not write a GNU Radio integration module and use existing RX/TX
code?

There are already physical layer implementations for ZigBee, 802.11, Bluetooth,
Gen2, etc. available (e.g., at https://www.cgran.org/wiki/Projects).
So you should aim to provide complex samples to GNU Radio as a source/sink
block and reuse the existing stuff.

Anyway, for the demonstrator I would choose ZigBee, the physical layer is
simple and robust, and the UCLA code works pretty well.
It is also likely to work with existing hardware that uses 802.15.4, so you can
also send SDR->off-the-shelf hardware (such as sensor motes) without worries.

Regards,
Matthias