[Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio on custom SDR platform

From: Martin Flasskamp
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNURadio on custom SDR platform
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 12:03:00 +0200

Hello all,

My name is Martin Flasskamp and I'm currently starting my diploma thesis
at Bielefeld University in Germany.

My task is to create a wireless demonstration system which enables two
nodes to communicate wirelessly using software-defined radio.
The platform I'll use is our own modular FPGA-based rapid prototyping
system called RAPTOR ( http://www.raptor2000.de/en/home/ ). One of the
available daughter boards (called DB-SDR) is compatible to an USRP2 and
has a standard XCVR2450 board on top.

By integrating our SDR-platform into GNURadio I want to be comparable to
USRP and maybe benefit from other GNURadio projects in the future.

Now my question:
Which wireless standard is the best one to start with as a reference
implementation? WiFi/Bluetooth/ZigBee/other?

The aim is to have a sender as well as a receiver. Standard conformity
would be nice but is not necessarily required.

Best regards,

Martin