Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS query get_mboard_sensors("gps_locked") fails

From: Bastien Auneau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS query get_mboard_sensors("gps_locked") fails sometimes
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 11:30:28 +0200

with gps_time, I also got once

UHD Error:
  get_nmea(): unsupported GPS or no GPS detected
UHD Error:
  get_token: too few token in reply
UHD Error:
  get_token: too few token in reply

then it prints out always the same value, which is not the right time

After this, I make another run, UHD does not says anymore "found Jackson Labs GPS", but "found a generic NMEA GPS device"
Though the gps_time query returns a correct value

Only a power cycle brings the starting string "Found a Jackson Labs GPS"
I have also seen an uncorrect value returned once or twice (I query gps_time or gps_locked 100 times in a row in my code)

I start to wonder if the GPSDO is inserted properly ? (but it's hard to mistake on that)
If the GPSDO is broken ?
Or is it only a SW issue ?

Also, if this issue can not be solved, there should be a way to check if sensor_value_t is valid or not (by adding an isValid field for example ? )

By the way I use Windows7