Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD and gr_block_executor error: "source <gr_bloc

From: Christopher Dean
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD and gr_block_executor error: "source <gr_block gr uhd usrp source (1)> produced no output. We're marking it DONE."
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 16:46:42 -0400

Hi Josh,

See below...

On 8/2/2011 3:19 PM, Josh Blum wrote:
     UHD source block got error code 0x9
     gr_block_executor: source<gr_block gr uhd usrp source (1)>  produced
no output.  We're marking it DONE.

and, much more frequently,

     UHD source block got error code 0x10
     gr_block_executor: source<gr_block gr uhd usrp source (1)>  produced
no output.  We're marking it DONE.

They are totally bogus error codes.
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/structuhd_1_1rx__metadata__t.html

What do you mean by connecting A or B.

By connecting or disconnecting A or B, I mean using gr_block's connect and disconnect methods to connect A or B to the source. Class A and class B are both subclasses of gr.hier_block2, so they each contain a part of a flowgraph. Self.tb, below, is our instance of gr_top_block.

    self.tb.stop()
    self.tb.wait()
    self.tb.lock()
    self.tb.connect(self.tb.u_src, self.tb.b_flow)
    self.tb.disconnect(self.tb.u_src, self.tb.a_flow)
    self.tb.unlock()
    self.tb.start()

Can you send some psudocode that
demonstrates what you are doing that causes the problem?

The problem itself arises during this next block, which immediately follows the code above:

    if self.tb.tx_freq != self.minFreq:
        self.tb.lock()
        self.tb.set_snk_freq(self.minFreq)
        self.tb.unlock()
        self.tb.tx_beacon = True
    if self.rx_scan_freq != self.origTxFreq + index * self.step_size:
        self.tb.lock()
        self.rx_scan_freq = self.origTxFreq + index * self.step_size
        result = self.tb.set_src_freq(self.rx_scan_freq)
        self.tb.unlock()
        time.sleep(0.1)

Thanks!

Chris

I've tried leaving A and B connected the entire time, connecting B
before disconnecting A, disconnecting A before connecting B, but none of
these have alleviated the issue.  The error messages don't typically
occur until we've switched to B.  Also, I've been unable to find what
either of these error codes stand for in the GR and UHD documentation.