Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] multi_usrp

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] multi_usrp
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 13:20:30 -0400

On 08/01/2011 03:30 AM, john wrote:
On Sun, 2011-07-31 at 18:30 -0400, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
On 07/31/2011 11:14 AM, john wrote:
Thanks Marcus. Yes, that technique is quite useful - particularly in
setting up channels, addressing etc. however, in terms of giving the
board ID of the RX/TX on either 'side' of a USRP1 it is not so great.
Yes, you can readily get frequency range/antenna/gain but I need a bit
more.

               Kind Regards,

                       John

I'm not fully understanding what it is you need.  You need to *fetch*
the board ID from the
    interface, rather than setting the subdev specifications?

You are correct Marcus in terms of what I want to do. From reading the
comments in the code, I thought that I was to use set_subdev for the
channel(s) and then could both set/get relevant parameters ( freq range,
gain etc. ) i.e. attributes which use channelid as parameter. ( I think
that is how it was described).

I wish to get mboard type and rx and tx dboard types for USRP1 but using
UHD as the dboards are only supported under that paradigm when they were
announced.

  Sorry if I am passing on my confusion,

         Kind Regards,

                     John

I think that if you look at the current UHD Doxygen, you'll find that there are functions to do what you want. Starting with a "usrp" object, you need to indirect a couple of times, but you can get the board ids with UHD functions.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator