Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] multi_usrp

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] multi_usrp
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 09:29:54 -0400

On 07/30/2011 02:53 AM, john wrote:
Have USRP1 on Ububtu 10.04 and have latest UHD (003.002.000) and latest
GNURadio ( v3.4.0-113).

While some of the daughterboards are supported on GNURadio, the later
ones I have need UHD and Marcus has been championing the move to UHD.

> From the doxygen I see that: uhd::usrp::multi_usrp
is quite a useful class (and I think one of the gurus has touted it's
benefits) and can be used for single as well as multiple USRPs but am
struggling to find UHD USRP1 examples which use this class from Python.
There is multi_usrp_oscope and it's cfile twin but they don't (need to)
do much with tx and rx daughter-cards which have more agility in USRP1.

Is anyone aware of such examples?

I am making the bold assumption that the plumbing (SWIG) is in place for
this class?

     Kind Regards,

                John

The best way I've found is to use GRC to lay out a prototypical flow-graph, and then look at the Python generated.

There just aren't a lot of UHD examples out there, unfortunately. There may be some stuff up on CGRAN, but using GRC as an "example generator" I've found to be quite instructive and useful.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator