Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Plotting Data Received by USRP

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Plotting Data Received by USRP
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:14:01 -0400

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 3:29 PM, valentac <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok, I wasn't aware of those difference between the vector source and the
> message source. So if I put my data in a message source, can I connect this
> directly to qtgui.time_sink_f? I'd think I'd have to do some other
> formatting here.
>
> Let me explain a bit more...after receiving the payload from the message
> sink following the receiver path in benchmark_rx, I have some data. I'd like
> to plot this data on a time graph and update it after every packet is
> received. I guess fundamentally my question is, what type of source do I
> need to do this. It appears that a message source is the wrong length to
> connect to the time_sink_f.

As I said, you'll have to look more at some of the examples that use
the message sources and sinks to understand how to handle this. You'll
eventually set up a second flow graph with a message source and
graphical sink. Your receiver flow graph will then send the messages
from itself to the message source. How this is actually implemented is
"left as an exercise to the reader."

Tom