Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware extending

From: Tomas D.
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware extending
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:01:41 +0300

On 2011.07.24 16:32, Farhad Abdolian wrote:
Hi Thomas,
I have ported the FPGA design into Spartan 3E and working on making a simple interface for the Spartan 3A/3E family of boards at the same time converting the code to VHDL that is easier for me to understand and handle.

I will release the code into public by the end of this year when we have finished all our internal testing, we also working on a very low cost HW for GR that is a simple USB stick and has almost the same HW as the USRP1 but with external memory and extra options. Our goal is to make that public in a few months and the selling price will be $299

I will be happy to share our pre-release of the FPGA code with you if you are interested, this will be available after September this year.

Hello,
it would be really good if You could contribute! I am also more into VHDL than Verilog. Basically, I've started my studies using Spartan-3E board, but later moved to Altera because got a job in a company which use Altera devices. Do You have any plans to move to Spartan-6 or even new series Xilinx FPGAs?

Sincerely,
Tomas D.