Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stream tags and None 1 to 1 processing blocks. Fa

From: Colby Boyer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Stream tags and None 1 to 1 processing blocks. Failure to propagate
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 17:56:19 -0700

Yea, sorry for vague email. Was tired and in a hurry. I encountered the error when dealing with a bank of polyphase resamplers. I traced the tag copying to
gnuradio-core/src/lib/runtime/gr_block_executor.cc line 121 for none 1 to 1 (fractional rate) blocks.

The logic written originally is pmt::pmt_from_uint64(newcount * rrate) where rrate is the block's rate and newcount is the absolute position of the tag on the input.

I run into this following situation. Say input sample to the resampler is tagged at index 800. With a resample rate of 0.9984 we get the product of 798.72. This will round down to 798. However the next block has already processed samples 0 to 798. It is now looking at 799 and forward. So the tag never propagates.

-Colby