Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP transient peak from lock, unlock, set decim/

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP transient peak from lock, unlock, set decim/freq
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:05:24 -0700

On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 11:07 +0200, Johannes Schmitz wrote:
> I am getting some kind of very strong transient peak when using lock
> unlock and changing usrp decimation rate and frequency and in the
> beginning.
> Is this a normal behaviour?
> So each time I reconfigure my system I have to throw away some samples
> to avoid this peak or am I doing something wrong?

This is normal behavior. Each time the daughterboard is re-tuned, there
is a transient as the VCO settles. A smaller (and much shorter)
transient is expected during rate changes as well due to different
filters being switched in and out. It's best to throw away the first few
samples after changing frequency or rate.

--n