Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where to Start?

From: dave
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Where to Start?
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 18:35:23 -0500

Thanks for the information.  I'll focus on the GRC for now then.

David

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 18:13:20 -0400, Marcus D. Leech wrote

> On 07/09/2011 05:59 PM, dave wrote:
Ok, I will look into using the GRC as a first step.

> I am hoping to work with the USRP eventually.  If someone knows some up to date tutorials specifically for USRP that would be appreciated as well.
>
> I see now that the mc4020 code was intended to gather the FM from a cable modem over a parallel port.  That is not general code or USRP code at all.
>
> The info at:   http://www.joshknows.com/gnuradio    ...does have some gnuradio + USRP specific code, but it's very short.  Maybe I can figure it out by looking at that along with the "how to write a signal block" page.

Thanks,
> Dave

What you'll find is that you won't need to write your own signal processing blocks, at least, not intially.  GRC (also known as

--

Marcus
Leech