Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX2 not recognized

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX2 not recognized
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:09:46 -0400

On 08/07/2011 1:57 PM, Prachi Parihar wrote:
Hello, I'm trying to use a recently purchased DBSRX2 + USRP1 combination. Although the board shows some signs of life, it's difficult to make sense of the fft spectrum. In investigating, I found that the daughterboard id does not seem to be correct. In particular, the gnuradio software reports dbid = 18 rather than the expected 2 or possibly 13 (all numbers decimal).

This result does not depend on the particular module I run. Below I show the simplest example (usrp_print_db.py). Please see the source and result below. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Prachi Parihar

address@hidden:~$ python usrp_print_db.py

Warning: Treating daughterboard with invalid EEPROM contents as if it were a "Basic Rx." Warning: This is almost certainly wrong... Use appropriate burn-*-eeprom utility.

Daughterboard Id: 18
RX d'board A: Unknown (0x0012)

#!/usr/bin/env python

from gnuradio import gr
from gnuradio import usrp
from usrpm import usrp_dbid

u_source = usrp.source_c()

subdev = usrp.selected_subdev(u_source, (0,0))

print "Daughterboard Id:", u_source.daughterboard_id(0)

print "RX d'board %s" % (subdev.side_and_name(),)

The DBSRX2 is supported only by the UHD drivers, not the "classic" drivers for USRP1.