Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re g : Building gr-uhd and usrp2-firmware

From: sumitstop
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re g : Building gr-uhd and usrp2-firmware
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:01:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marcus I got the answer for the question in this thread.Actually I was
using an outdated version of UHD which doesn't had USRP2 firmwares.Hence
during configure it was showing the above error.
I just downloaded the latest images and firmwares.
I need to ask that whether it is needed to uninstall the older UHD before
installing the new one.
If yes then
will "make uninstall" will work in the directory from which i did "make
install" ?
or some other way .......

sumitstop wrote:

> Hi Marcus.... I have used your script.Its superb! I just wanted to build
> step by step :)
> Btw I just got all things build properly.Actually I put mb-gcc in the home
> folder and set the path variables accordingly.And it worked :)
>
> Marcus D. Leech wrote:
>>
>> On 06/23/2011 06:50 PM, sumitstop wrote:
>>> I am using ubuntu Lucid 10.04 LTS.
>>>
>>> Did the following thing
>>>
>>> Step-1 Installed all the dependencies for ubuntu Lucid 10.04 from the
>>> script
>>> given here
>>> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/UbuntuInstall
>>>
>>> step-2 git clone http://gnuradio.org/git/gnuradio.git
>>> then
>>>
>>> step-3 git clone http://github.com/EttusResearch/UHD-Mirror.git
>>> after that
>>>
>>> step-4 cd gnuradio
>>> step-5 ./bootstrap
>>> step-6 ./configure
>>>
>>> I got following messages
>>> *********************************************************************
>>> The following components were skipped either because you asked not
>>> to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:
>>>
>>> usrp2-firmware
>>>
>>> These components will not be built.
>>>

>>> *********************************************************************
>>> The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:
>>>
>>> config
>>> gruel
>>> volk
>>> gnuradio-core
>>> usrp
>>> usrp2
>>> gr-usrp
>>> gr-usrp2
>>> gr-msdd6000
>>> gr-audio
>>> gr-atsc
>>> gr-cvsd-vocoder
>>> gr-gpio
>>> gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
>>> gr-noaa
>>> gr-pager
>>> gr-radar-mono
>>> gr-radio-astronomy
>>> gr-trellis
>>> gr-video-sdl
>>> gr-wxgui
>>> gr-qtgui
>>> gr-sounder
>>> gr-utils
>>> gnuradio-examples
>>> grc
>>> docs
>>>
>>> You my now run the make command to build these components.
>>>
>>> *********************************************************************
>>> The following components were skipped either because you asked not
>>> to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:
>>>
>>> gcell
>>> gr-gcell
>>> gr-comedi
>>> gr-uhd
>>>
>>> These components will not be built.
>>>
>>> Configured GNU Radio release v3.4.0-2-g081497e7 for build.

>>> I searched a lot and found answer to many of questions

>>> gr-comedi
>>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2006-06/msg00225.html
>>>
>>> Also in the following link I read that gcell and gr-gcell are needed
>>> only
>>> for IBM cell processor.

-----