Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot import name VERSION

From: Randy Westlund
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot import name VERSION
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 08:41:24 -0400

Problem solved.  It works if I launch with the command `gnuradio-companion' and not with `grc.'  I still don't know why that changed overnight, but now this machine launches with the first command and my other machines only launch with `grc.'  I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 on all of them, and I installed gnuradio in parallel on my machines.  But so long as it runs, I'm not complaining.  Thanks for the help guys.

Randy

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 06/27/2011 06:36 AM, Martin Braun wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 09:17:22AM -0400, Randy Westlund wrote:
>> I've tried that using the following commands:
>>
>> sudo apt-get purge gnuradio gnuradio-companion
>> sudo apt-get autoremove
>> sudo rm -rf /usr/share/gnuradio   #this also removes the library tarball
>>
>> Then I reboot and run my shell script to install GNU Radio and its tarball
>> again.  Is there something more that I need to clean out before reinstalling?
>
> If you install from source, Python stuff ends up in
> /usr/local/lib/pythonXX/dist-packages and /usr/local/lib.
>
> Try looking for 'usrp' and 'gnuradio' in /usr/local (e.g. with find
> /usr/local -name "*usrp*")

/usr/local/bin too

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#Execution