Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] E100 - No devices found for ----->

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] E100 - No devices found for ----->
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:50:33 -0700

> we don't manage wih the E100 FPGA5 bitstream.
> It is placed in the images directory and we use a new branch but we
> don't really think the FPGA5 is used.

What do you mean?

> And we still have the same problem with parallel UHD devices (sink/source).

Another guy confirmed it was working for him just fine.

In any case, I think it will also work if you patch this onto the master
branch (very small change): http://pastebin.com/JinMRTTD

> Which branch shall we use? Can you pinpoint exactly?
> Shall we use the Josh branch from http://gnuradio.org/cgit ?

For gnuradio? The master branch on gnuradio.org is fine.

> Do you have images available? We still don't have a cross-compile env. yet.
> Hence compilation takes very long time...

Yes :-)

http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/usrpe1xx/wiki/Experimental_Images

> Another topic we recognized on E100 is that we suspect incomplete datastreams
> when the Gumstix is overloaded performancewise. I will come back with details
> on our transmitter setup which might cause overloads.
> But - is it possible to overload the 720MHz Gumstix easily? What happens in
> this case - samples are discarded?

On receive, the host backpressures the FPGA. See
http://www.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/general.html#overflow-underflow-notes

-Josh