Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot import name VERSION

From: Randy Westlund
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot import name VERSION
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:17:22 -0400

I've tried that using the following commands:

sudo apt-get purge gnuradio gnuradio-companion
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo rm -rf /usr/share/gnuradio
#this also removes the library tarball

Then I reboot and run my shell script to install GNU Radio and its tarball again.  Is there something more that I need to clean out before reinstalling?

Randy

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 06/24/2011 02:03 PM, Randy Westlund wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have gnuradio and gnuradio-companion installed, but I get the following
> error when I try to run grc:
>
> address@hidden:~$ grc
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/grc", line 33, in <module>
>     from gnuradio.grc import VERSION
> ImportError: cannot import name VERSION*
>
> My system was working just fine at one point, but it started throwing this
> error overnight.  I reinstalled gnuradio and rebuilt the library tarball,
> but after a day or so, the error came up again.  Now when I reinstall, I get
> hit with this right away.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Seems to be a mismatch between bin scripts and python modules.
Basically, you need to completely clean out the old install.

-josh