Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiplexing modulators

From: John Ackermann N8UR
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multiplexing modulators
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:54:10 -0400

Thanks, all, for the replies.

For my simple test case, I'm trying just two modulators with a frequency translating FIR following each, one set to 0 Hz and the other to +25kHz.

I set the NBFM modulator quadrature outputs to 128ksps, then add them together and feed to the USRP at 256ksps. (At this point, I'm not worrying about gain setting; I know I need to address that but wanted to get the basic flow correct first.)

When I run the program I get this error:

UHD Warning:
    The hardware does not support the requested TX sample rate:
    Target sample rate: 0.256000 MSps
    Actual sample rate: 0.255102 MSps

Since I'm summing two 128ksps streams, I thought I'd get a 256ksps stream at the output of the adder. Where are these 898 samples per second disappearing? And how do I correct that? (The single channel version of the program, with the NBFM quadrature rate set directly to 256ksps, worked fine.)

Thanks,

John
----