[Discuss-gnuradio] About usrp_basic_rx:read STupid question

From: Howard
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] About usrp_basic_rx:read STupid question
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:36:11 +0800

Sorry, I am not sure sending this question to usrp-user or gnuradio mailing list.

Could anyone please kindly reply me. Thanks!

I am working directly with the USRP 1 using the gnuradio usrp_basic_rx

int
usrp_basic_rx::read (void *buf, int len, bool *overrun)

I found that here the input buffer were casting into "int"

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/1/UsrpFAQCppInterface
int    buf[SAMPLES_PER_READ];
115    for (i = 0; i < total_reads; i++) {
116      int bytesread = urx->read(buf, bufsize, &overrun);

But, when you look up the usrp_source_base.cc inside gnuradio
usrp_source_base::work (int noutput_items,

unsigned char buf[BUFSIZE];
int result_nbytes = d_usrp->read (buf, nbytes, &overrun);

And in Transcevier of OpenBTS, it's UINT

uint32_t readBuf[2000];
readLen = m_uRx->read((void *)readBuf,readLen,overrun);

Could someone explain, how IĀ determineĀ  the format returned by the USRP?
Thanks!